It is easy to list all of the things I fear or all my shortcomings. Maybe I need to do what I always tell others to do, focus on what is right instead of what is wrong.
1. 42 days sober is pretty fucking awesome.
2. I remember almost every detail of the episodes of Dexter, True Blood and series 4 of Dr. Who that I have watched over the last month.
3. Last week I went on two long walks (with a wee bit of jogging thrown in), did three yoga sessions (one actual class) and attended 2 AA meetings (mooring lines).
4. I have been meditating regularly.
5. I have half of a hat and 1/4 of a throw knitted.
6. I have been eating better than I have in years.
7. I have read several wonderful soul affirming books and several trashy romances this summer.
8. The house is in passable condition.
9. My dogs really love me.
10. My kids know I love them.