1. My old drinking stories aren’t really funny anymore. They sound more alarming and sad…
2. If I am really honest with myself, I have had a fucked up relationship with alcohol and other mind altering substances for a very long time.
3. I don’t give a rat’s ass if people ‘find out’ that I am in recovery. Almost… Sort of… Most of the time…
4. I *might* not be as in control of things as I once thought (Dammit!).
5. There is no longer even a glimmer of a doubt regarding the question of am I or aren’t I. I am an alcoholic and while it sucks, it is not the end of the world.
6. No, I cannot just drink moderately. Ever. So shut the hell up, Wolfie.
7. I can’t do this alone.
8. I can’t control anyone else’s recovery.
9. Recovery is about way more than just quitting drinking.
10. This is going to be hard.
11. This is going to be worth it.
12. I am worth it.